The SLHSMTA will accept a maximum of 30 high schools for participation this year. Participants will be accepted on a first come, first served basis. Any subsequent applicants will be added to a waiting list in order of receipt. If a registered school withdraws, the first school on the waiting list will be admitted to the program.
Eligibility for the SLHSMTA program is based on the following:
- The high school must be located within 50 miles of the Arch in Missouri or Illinois.
- A high school may participate in only one competition.
- The school must file an Intent to Participate form by April 1, 2016.
- Musical productions must take place between September 1, 2016 and April 15, 2017. Only 4 schools will be accepted for adjudication during April.
- A faculty representative must attend Participating School Orientation. The date, time, and location will be included in your welcome packet.
- The musical production must be on the 2017 National High School Musical Awards Qualifying Roles. Please visit nhsmta.com for a complete list of eligible musicals and qualifying leading roles.